FRIULI-VENEZIA GIULIA covers an enchanting area with many beautiful aspects waiting to be discovered. Crowned by the impressive Alps, it gradually descends to the charming Adriatic Sea. In the midst, gentle green hills guard the secret of the vine. The food is truly wonderful. Not prepared for endless visitors and tourists, but lovingly prepared for the local Italian society. Fresh, local ingredients, turned into creative dishes, beautifully presented, and served at realistic prices. This is the undiscovered jewel in Italy’s crown.
Nothing could be more like a fairytale than getting married in an actual castle, and Italian castles can provide the perfect setting for your romantic Italian wedding.
One of the most beautiful castles in Italy, dating back to 1200, nestles amongst vineyards which produce some of the finest wines in the world.
Beautiful countryside with snowcapped mountains in the distance, yet with a mild, sunny climate that is just right for the vines and the wonderful local produce in this part of the Friuli region. Just one hour and a half from Venice, this special castle and its surrounding grounds is the perfect venue for either small, intimate events or large functions with over 100 guests. Nine rooms are available for guests within the castle, whilst there are small, beautiful hotels located within walking distance if this is your choice.
The wedding ceremony can take place in the private chapel of the castle, or in a small church set in beautiful woodland just a short drive from the castle.
Rehearsal dinners can be located in a wonderful restaurant just outside the castle grounds as can the wedding reception itself or this can even be in one of the beautiful rooms within the castle, where the standard of catering and wines are second to none.
This wonderful venue is just perfect, and represents excellent value for money. A balance between the grandeur of a real fairytale wedding and the friendly warmth of welcome which makes you feel at home, comfortable, yet really very special. The castle also acts as a base for a romantic Honeymoon with the beautiful Friuli region stretching out around you, yet so near to Venice and the Veneto. For guests with a little time on their hands, why not take advantage of the 18 hole golf course in the castle grounds ?
Don’t miss this opportunity for something spectacular at affordable prices. It is so easy to be seduced by names like Venice or Tuscany, and they are indeed beautiful, but the fame of the name is reflected in the price. Why not discover for yourself this special region – this wonderful castle – with its friendly staff – something different – something unique. Real Italy and a fabulous wedding in a real Italian castle. Just for you !
Civil weddings are celebrated at the castle by the local Mayor. The Civilly binding ceremony will take place in the local town hall the day before or in the morning of the wedding where you sign your marriage documents. The Mayor will then come to the castle the next day ( or that afternoon ) to celebrate the full wedding ceremony, where it will be possible to add vows.
Catholic Religious weddings can be celebrated in the small private chapel at the castle. The ceremony can be fully legally binding. It is required that one of the couple is Catholic.
Romantic Escape ! – Just the two of you and an Italian Castle ! ( 6 Days )
For under £3,000 – You can have all of the following:
- Civil Ceremony performed at the castle by the local mayor following paper signing at the local town hall the day before.
- The Mayor to perform the civil ceremony in Italian
- English speaking interpreter for the ceremony as required by law
- Two witnesses as required by law.
- Assistance with all UK consulate procedures
- Payment of all UK taxes on your behalf
- Assistance with and coordination of all paperwork and legal procedures with Italian authorities
- Setting up of the castle for outdoor ceremony
- Bouquet for the bride
- Buttonhole for the groom
- Professional photographer: 40 photos printed in large format ( 20 x 30 cm ) in colour and B/W Photos taken before, during and after the ceremony.
- Digital service with about 150/200 photos on a DVD
- DHL express courier to send your photographs to your home address approx 3 weeks after the ceremony.
- Music at the ceremony with a classical harpist.
- Romantic dinner for two ( with 4 course menu and wine ) at the restaurant situated at the foot of the castle.
- Small wedding cake for two
- FIVE night’s accommodation in suite number 5 which has stunning views of the surrounding hills ( Bed and Breakfast )
- White wine and fruit in your room
- Coordinator and interpreter to assist you during the event
- Personal planners in the UK and Italy with constant e-mail correspondence
- Wedding programme / Itinerary prepared for you with full information/detail and telephone numbers of contacts.
- Itinerary with honeymoon ideas in the region and useful information.
- All coordination fees, taxes and service for the above